More Date Ideas
It can be difficult to get all of the stars to align for that perfect romantic date night. It takes blending a sexy atmosphere, feeling free enough to indulge into a romantic mindset, finding yourself in a beautiful or scenic place, and finding that special something that somehow makes you and your sweetheart feel like there is nothing else in the world besides what you are doing in that instant.
Some of these things require you to set your mood, your mindset, and curb the distractions that pull you from the moment. But, a couple of things, well, we can help find!
So here you are! A collection of romantic experiences that you find throughout Sacramento, Roseville, Folsom, Auburn, and all of the areas in between. And underneath these 10 ideas, you will a few of our favorite romantic date ideas.
1. Stroll through Capitol Park. Take a look at the memorials and remind yourselves how important and valuable your life is. Follow the winding paths underneath over 100 species of trees - but may attention. Look at their leaves, feel their bark, and compare their shapes, sizes and silhouettes with one another. Find the rose garden on the eastern end and find the best smelling roses. Then, look for the heart-shaped bench and walk atop it then kiss where the heart meets.
2. Walk the Sacramento Riverwalk and watch the sunset and how the colors of the Sacramento River change as the skies darken. Take a selfie with the Tower Bridge behind you.
3. Sip wine at your favorite river spot and walk in the sand barefoot while holding hands.
4. Rent a canoe at Natomas Lake and have a picnic in the very middle.
5. Pick up a romantic novel from a bookstore and read it to your sweetheart in public places. Read the cheesy parts extra loud.
6. Create a scavenger hunt for your sweetheart and visit all of your favorite Sacramento places in one day.
7. Take a drive to the Forest Hill Bridge in Auburn and gaze among all of the American River's beauty. Stay there for the evening and stargaze and look for shooting stars.
8. Go horseback riding.
9. Find the best swing set in all of Sacramento.
10. See a play at the Sutter Street Theatre in Folsom or B Street Theatre in Midtown.
Cocktails on the River
Enjoy tasty cocktails and fine dining on a historic date at the Pilothouse on the Delta King in Old Town